We’ve been hearing about this for awhile, but to be honest, I really thought it got scraped and it wasn’t going to happen. But, I’m glad I was wrong. We officially have a date and teaser for this show.
Now the first thing that went through my mind when I watched this, was “Damn! Who are these people?” You see, it has been a long while since I read this book. I remember the major points of the story, but other than that, I forgot quite a bit, like most of the characters names(except for Hannah and Clay of course.) The next thing that went through my mind was “this looks like it’ll be good!” I don’t know about you, but I really enjoyed this teaser. It gives you just enough!
I’m trying to decide if I should reread this book before the show or not. I don’t remember much, so it’ll be kind of fun to experience it over.
What’re your thoughts on the teaser? Are you excited?
It has been awhile since I’ve posted anything on here. I’m sorry about that. I’ve kind of been in a weird mood these last few months, and haven’t felt like reading anything. This surely hasn’t been the first time this has happened, and it won’t be the last. However, I’ve been feeling like getting out of this mood, and I need some recommendations to help me. So let me know what you have been reading and loving lately!
So what have I been doing recently? Well at the end of August I started watching Battlestar Galactica(2003 version), and in September I finished it. I was hesitant to start this show because I honestly didn’t think I would like it. I’m so glad to say that I was completely wrong. I absolutely LOVED this show. It was everything you could want in a television show and more! I’m thinking about doing a Why I Love: Battelstar Galactica post so I can share all my love for it there.
So I finally binged watched How to Get Away With Murder this month, and I need to talk about it! I want to mention that it took me FOREVER to finally give this show a chance, and I have a reason for that. Shonda Rhimes. When I heard that this was another one of her shows I was a bit hesitant. I watched Grey’s Anatomy and for the first 6 seasons or so I was really enjoying it. Then afterward it kind of felt redundant and nothing was keeping me interested anymore. I then tried Scandal, and I just couldn’t get into that show at all. Then came HTGAWM, another show by her and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to watch it or not. So it took me some time, and convincing from my friends and some family members, but I finally watched it and…
I LOVE THIS SHOW! Right from the beginning this show draws you in and hooks you. It keeps you invested throughout the entire season! I’m glad I waited to watch it because I was able to binge watch the whole first season on Netflix and it made for a better viewing experience in my opinion. As I’m writing this I’m all caught up with Season 2 of HTGAWM, so I thought I would share some of the reasons why I love this show!
- The Characters! This show has a wide range of characters within it, varying from different races, to sexual orientations! It’s so great to see a show that has such a vast group of characters. From a white guy, a black man and woman, a latina woman, and a gay man, all being taught by a POWERFUL, black, bi-sexual woman, and it’s absolutely amazing to watch!
- The Scenes! This show has some TV changing moments. I love that the relationship between Connor and Oliver is portrayed the same way a straight relationship is on TV. Now, yes they’re more same sex relationships on TV nowadays, but HTGAWM is not afraid to show it all. Right in the pilot episode there’s a steamy hookup between them and we see a lot throughout the season! Probably the most groundbreaking scene was when Annalise, played by Viola Davis, took off her wig and all her makeup at the end of the episode showing her natural hair and skin. That is something that I’ve never seen done on tv before and it was amazing to watch!
- Flashbacks/Flashforwards! This show is known for it, and I absolutely love it! It makes it a lot of fun to see what’s going to happen and to try to guess who did what and the reasons why. What I love the most is that we don’t have to wait the entire season to find out who and why. It’s usually revealed about halfway through and the rest of the season deals with the aftermath of it. I definitely think it’s one of the things that keeps people invested.
Overall, this show is addicting. Once you start, you won’t be able to stop. If you haven’t watched this show yet, I recommend starting it when you have a few days free!
Fuller House was released on Friday, February 26th, and all day on Twitter and Facebook that is what everyone was talking about. Of course, i was a part of that as well. I was so excited for this show and I’m glad to say it didn’t disappoint.
Full House was a show that I always watched before I went to to bed, and when I woke up in the morning before school. Of course it was the reruns, because the show had already ended. It always put a smile on my face! So when I heard about Fuller House, I was beyond excited!
Fuller House follows DJ, Stephenie, and Kimmy as they come to live together to help raise DJ’s 3 sons, and Kimmy’s daughter. It’s the premise of the original expect flipped. we had the original cast come back throughout the show as guests. In the first episode everyone was back, except for the Olsens twins who played Michelle.. To be honest, I didn’t really care that much. We even had Uncle Jesse and Becky’s twin boys return, which was amazing!
The season consisted of 13 episodes of fun mishaps that you would expect to see. Overall I had a lot of fun watching this show and seeing everyone come back together again! I’m so happy that Fuller House will be back for a Season 2!
1. Do you watch more TV shows or films on Netflix?
I definitely watch more TV Shows on Netflix. That’s all that’s on my currently watching right now!
2.What are your all time favorite series’ to watch on Netflix?
Some of my all-time favorites include: Supernatural, How I Met Your Mother, The Following, SPARTACUS, and The Vampire Diaries!
3. What are you currently watching on Netflix.
Fuller House-JUST FINISHED
Daredevil- 8 episodes in.
How to Get Away With Murder- 8 episode in.
That 70’s Show- 7 seasons in. (Rewatch)
4. What is your one pet peeve when it comes to Netflix?
Seasons of shows take so long to go on.
5. When it comes to Netflix are you a binge watcher?
Most of the time I binge watch, but lately I’ve been watching only a few episodes a day.
6. What are your essentials for a Netflix night in?
A snack, drink, silence and a comfortable place to relax. Bed, chair, or couch.
7. What is on your wishlist?
After I finish the shows I’m currently watching, I want to start Jessica Jones or House of Cards.
8. What would you recommend to your readers?
If you’re looking for a fun comedy that deals with close friendships, check out That 70’s Show or How I Met Your Mother.
Of course I have to recommend my ALL TIME FAVORITE TV SHOWS EVER which I listed in question 2! Check all of those out!
Honestly, I just wanted to share with you guys this amazing intro for Fuller House! It’s so much fun! So go ahead and take a listen! And if you haven’t watched Fuller House yet, go for it! I’m four episodes in and really enjoying it!
So the premiere has come and gone. Lets talk about it!
- Chemistry- I enjoyed the chemistry between most of the characters. You can see this especially with Clary(Kat) and Simon(Alberto). The chemistry is fantastic between them! The chemistry between all the other characters is there, but it definitely needs some work in my opinion.
- Acting- The acting wasn’t all that terrible. Alberto(Simon), Harry Shum Jr(Magnus), and Matthew(Alec) were all fantastic. And the others did a good job as well, however my biggest problem was Kats portrayal of Clary. It’s not that it was terrible, it just wasn’t working for me. I had a hard time believing her as Clary. Maybe that will change as the season continues. Iassah(Luke) however, was my favorite, and I loved that scene between him and Simon! It was short but fun!
- Dialogue- This I’m on the line about. Some of the lines were fantastic, such as Simons lines! PERFECTION! His were the best and I really enjoyed them. Also Jace’s lines(for the most part) suited him. Some of them didn’t work so well. As for the rest, a lot of it seemed a bit cringe-worthy at times, and I just couldn’t help but laugh. So when it comes to the script and dialogue, I’m a bit worried about it. It can definitely get better.
- Costumes- I loved the costumes. I thought they were amazing, and suited the characters fine. I know people had some problems with them, especially Clary in Shadowhunter gear, but to be honest, it didn’t bother me at all.
These are some of my thoughts on the pilot episode. Did you watch? What did you enjoy? What did you dislike?