Dana over at @andbookhoarding hosted the Informal Impromptu Readathon from February 27th until March 4th. As what I normally do, I decided to join in last minute. It was a fun readathon, with sprints being hosted every night, which really helped with my reading. I was able to read 3 books this week, which is the most I’ve read in one week!
The first book I read was The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury and I gave this book a 4 out of 5. This book was a retelling of Aladdin and was a definite surprise. I really enjoyed the characters and retake on the story!
Next I read Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I’ve been wanting to read this book since I watched the trailer. I’m really glad I was able to get to it during the readathon. This book was such a fast read, and I really did end up enjoying it. I ended up giving this book a 4.3 out of 5. I loved how it was told throughout different formats like IM’s and Emails as well. The characters were a lot of fun and I loved the romance.
The last book I read Was Nerve by Jeanne Ryan. I really didn’t like this book and I gave it a 1 out of 5. I watched he movie last month which made me want to read the book. I enjoyed the movie. It wasn’t anything great, but it was simply fun to watch on a Sunday afternoon. However, I really didn’t like the book. I didn’t like the writing, or the characters, and I really didn’t like the romance. It just wasn’t for me. I do however recommend the movie if you want something fun.
- Read a Sarah J. Maas book. I’ve heard great things about her stories, and I’ve been wanted to check them out. This will be the year that I do that. However, I can’t decide if I want to pick up Throne of Glass, or A Court of Thornes and Roses.
- Read more adult novels. When I decide what book to read next, I tend to pick up a Young Adult or New Adult novel. This year, I want to branch out and read more adult novels. If you have any recommendations, I would love to check them out!
- Reread my favorite books. I always enjoy rereading, but last year I didn’t reread any of my favorites. I would love to change that this year.
- Participate in readathons. Last year, I didn’t participate in any readathons, and it made me feel like I was missing out. So this year, I want to participate in quite a few readathons. I have to do research and see what ones I would want to join in.
And that’s really it. Short and simple goals for this year. I also have some blogging goals for this year that I will share soon. What’re some of your reading goals for this year?
I thought I would share a few of the Christmas songs I’ve been listening to nonstop this month!
What have you been listening to? What’s your favorite Christmas song? I will also link my Christmas spotify playlist below if you would like to check it out!
Going to vote!
Waiting for first results!
More results coming in!
…even more results…
…almost to the end of results…
…Trump wins PA….news said “pretty much over”…
…Hillary Clinton officially concedes…
…Trump wins election…
It has been awhile since I’ve posted anything on here. I’m sorry about that. I’ve kind of been in a weird mood these last few months, and haven’t felt like reading anything. This surely hasn’t been the first time this has happened, and it won’t be the last. However, I’ve been feeling like getting out of this mood, and I need some recommendations to help me. So let me know what you have been reading and loving lately!
So what have I been doing recently? Well at the end of August I started watching Battlestar Galactica(2003 version), and in September I finished it. I was hesitant to start this show because I honestly didn’t think I would like it. I’m so glad to say that I was completely wrong. I absolutely LOVED this show. It was everything you could want in a television show and more! I’m thinking about doing a Why I Love: Battelstar Galactica post so I can share all my love for it there.
1. Do you watch more TV shows or films on Netflix?
I definitely watch more TV Shows on Netflix. That’s all that’s on my currently watching right now!
2.What are your all time favorite series’ to watch on Netflix?
Some of my all-time favorites include: Supernatural, How I Met Your Mother, The Following, SPARTACUS, and The Vampire Diaries!
3. What are you currently watching on Netflix.
Fuller House-JUST FINISHED
Daredevil- 8 episodes in.
How to Get Away With Murder- 8 episode in.
That 70’s Show- 7 seasons in. (Rewatch)
4. What is your one pet peeve when it comes to Netflix?
Seasons of shows take so long to go on.
5. When it comes to Netflix are you a binge watcher?
Most of the time I binge watch, but lately I’ve been watching only a few episodes a day.
6. What are your essentials for a Netflix night in?
A snack, drink, silence and a comfortable place to relax. Bed, chair, or couch.
7. What is on your wishlist?
After I finish the shows I’m currently watching, I want to start Jessica Jones or House of Cards.
8. What would you recommend to your readers?
If you’re looking for a fun comedy that deals with close friendships, check out That 70’s Show or How I Met Your Mother.
Of course I have to recommend my ALL TIME FAVORITE TV SHOWS EVER which I listed in question 2! Check all of those out!
Honestly, I just wanted to share with you guys this amazing intro for Fuller House! It’s so much fun! So go ahead and take a listen! And if you haven’t watched Fuller House yet, go for it! I’m four episodes in and really enjoying it!