The youngest partner at one of the nation’s most prestigious law offices, Oh Soo Jae has already proven she has what it takes to be one of the country’s best lawyers. Driven by her self-righteous principles and a never-ending desire to win, Soo Jae is well on her way to becoming one of TK Law Firm’s top attorneys. But when one of her cases takes an unexpected turn, Soo Jae is forced to watch as all of her hard work comes crumbling down around her.Mydramalist
So just a quick overview of my thoughts and then I’ll go into more details below. This drama is one where you will want to keep watching to know what exactly happened, and how it all plays out. This is a mystery, law drama, with romance. I was hooked from the very beginning. This story definitely kept me coming back! I was invested in the story, the characters, and how it would all play out. This drama was fine with the romance, but it would’ve been fine without it as well. People either love or hate the romance aspect. Personally, I enjoyed the romance aspect, but I can understand why people wouldn’t. This drama was definitely not perfect. It has its flaws, but overall an enjoyable one.
MAJOR SPOILERS AS YOU CONTINUE TO READ ON!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!
So before I get into talking about what I loved, and what I didn’t really like. I want to specifically talk about the characters. I really loved all the characters in this story! The actors played their parts very well! The characters are intriguing, deeply flawed, and they show how corrupt the world can be. And what people will do for power.
Oh Soo Jae is such a strong woman, who gets put through hell and back. She gets tested at every turn and she always has to stay ahead of everyone. She is smart, and manipulating. She knows what she wants and goes for it. She also knows how corrupt the world can be. She also knows what needs to be done to get what she wants, and she’ll do it. Seo Hyun Jin’s acting in this is absolutely phenomenal!
Gong Chan is a character who is sweet, loyal, and kind despite everything that he has been through. His life has been turned upside down and he is trying to put everything back together again and find out the truth behind the incident that destroyed him!
Choi Tae Guk is a smart, calculating, manipulative man who has all the right connections, so he’s able to get what he wants. He will use whoever he needs to to make sure he gets power, and that he keeps the power. Heo Joon Ho plays the villain extremely well.
We follow these characters as they seek revenge, the truth, and in the midst of it all, trying to find happiness and redemption!
Now lets get into what I loved and what kind of bugged me.
What I Loved!
- As I said before the CHARACTERS! From the main leads, to the supporting characters. They were all absolutely outstanding. You love and root for our heroes, and absolutely despise the villains. Seriously, these guys were absolutely despicable and didn’t care who they hurt. The actors played their parts very well! And I’ll say it again, Seo Hyun Jin deserves every award. She truly embodied her character of Soo Jae and this particular character will definitely stick with me.
- The story. It kept me intrigued throughout the entire show. I was never bored, and was always wanting to know what would happen next. The storytelling gives you a lot throughout the 16 episodes. We have political intrigue, law, murder, mystery, corrpution, revenge, romance, friendship. SO MANY twists and reveals throughout. (Some people say too many, but it was fine for me)
- The romance! Now I KNOW, okay. I KNOW this is a very controversial opinion. A lot, and I mean A LOT of people did not like this romance, and felt like it didn’t need to be there. I agree in some ways. This drama would’ve been fine with or without the romance. But it was there, and I personally liked it. I thought they were both very good together, and Soo Jae really needed someone like Gong Chan in her life. I enjoyed watching this romance develop.
- OST! It also has a pretty good OST! I really enjoyed the songs throughout this show. A favorite of mine is What About Us by Hajin and I’m Here by So Jung!
What I didn’t like
(okay it’s not really that I didn’t like these things, they just bugged me a bit)
- When everyone found out who Gong Chan really was it felt like people were abandoning him. Especially Soo Jae. I knew she would be mad. He should’ve told her instead of her finding out like that. But why abandon him? However, as we continue to watch we find out that she really wasn’t that mad about him lying to her. She was mad because of what she did to him. She gave up on him and his trial in the end to save herself and her family. She was embarrassed, ashamed, and deeply regretted her decision, and that was why she acted that way to him when she found out who he really was. She was ashamed to face him. Once that was revealed, it made the way she was acting understandable.
- When Gong Chan saved Soo Jae when she got attacked in the building and he found the flash drive. Instead of handing it over to her like he should’ve done, he hid it from her to “protect her’‘. Really now? Soo Jae is a strong, badass woman who has been protecting herself way before you came into the picture. So why do you think she needs protecting? She knows way more than you. If anything, you’d probably end up making things worse. That part was a bit frustrating.
And that’s it. Those are my thoughts and feelings about this drama. It was one of my most anticipated dramas for the year, and I’m happy to say that at the end of it, I really enjoyed it! My overall rating would be a 4 out of 5!!!